Department of Orthodonticsan
A BRIEF PROFILE
at the Department of Orthodontics patients of all ages can get access to an orthodontic treatment either with removable or with fixed braces.
Our aim is to provide high-quality and evidence-based patient care, so every patient can benefit from new techniques and treatment concepts. Due to our local cooperation with the other departments of the dental clinic we are able to offer interdisciplinary treatment conceots. This also accounts for patients with cleft lip and palate, patients who require combined orthodontic-surgical treatment, patients with disabilities or syndromal diseases and patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Furthermore the role as a University Clinic is to provide student education, scientific work and continuous development in clinical care.
For further information please contact us.
Set of specification
core competencies and disease focuses
- Interdisciplinary treatment of patients with cleft lip and/or palate
- Patients with severe deviations of the jaws who require combined orthodontic-surgical treatment (orthognathic surgery)
- Orthodontic treatment of patients with disabilities or syndromal diseases
- Medical care of patients with obstructive sleep apnea
- Orthodontic treatment of children, adolescents and adults
- Functional orthopedics in orthodontic treatment concepts
- Protection of the teeth during fixed orthodontic treatment
- Biology of orthodontic tooth movement
- Early treatment in patients with cleft lip and palate
Publications with international reach
Zingler S., Hakim E., Finke D., Brunner M., Saure D., Hoffmann J., Lux CJ., Erber R., Seeberger R., Surgery-first approach in orthognathic surgery: Psychological and biological aspects - A prospective cohort study. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2017 Aug;45(8):1293-1301. doi:10.1016/j.jcms.2017.05.031. Epub 2017 Jun 6.
Zingler S., Pritsch M., Wrede DJ., Ludwig B., Bister D., Kneist S., Lux CJ., A randomized clinical trial comparing the impact of different oral hygiene protocols and sealant applications on plaque, gingival, and caries index scores. Eur J Orthod. 2014 Apr;36(2):150-63. doi: 10.1093/ejo/cjt043. Epub 2013 Jul 3.
Şen S., Erber R., Kunzmann K., Kirschner S., Weyer V., Schilling L., Brockmann MA., Rues S., Orhan G., Lux CJ., Zingler S., Assessing abrasion of orthodontic surface sealants using a modified ophthalmic optical coherence tomography device. Clin Oral Investig. 2018 Dec;22(9):3143-3157. doi: 10.1007/s00784-018-2410-5. Epub 2018 Mar 9.
|Go to PubMed|